I use GNU-Octave for my mathematics work.
- GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations.
- It provides capabilities for the numerical solution of linear and nonlinear problems, and for performing other numerical experiments.
- It also provides extensive graphics capabilities for data visualization and manipulation.
- Octave is normally used through its interactive command line interface, but it can also be used to write non-interactive programs.
- The Octave language is quite similar to Matlab so that most programs are easily portable.
- Octave is FREE. It distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
While I use GNU-Octave , I learn a lot. This blog site is a log of my learning GNU-Octave.